Many of those who prefer to maintain weight and health without the use of sports nutrition, one should take note that the industrial revolution led to the sedentary lifestyle (reduction in physical labor requirements) and the use of refined foods / convenience foods, which, in turn, adversely effect on weight management.
The environment is changing faster than we can adapt. Organisms many of us with age accumulate excess energy (fat) in order to use it when we can not find food on a regular basis or have experienced the need to use energy for physical activity, as it was a hundred years ago.
However, the fact is that due to technical improvements, we spend most of our time sitting, and it is harmful to health. How many would not speak about the high cost of treatment weightlifters who are injured, requiring surgery, in fact most of the cost of treatment is associated with cardiovascular diseases and cancer (the two main groups of diseases), as well as with the numerous complications resulting from obesity, which are on the list once the first two (of heart disease is the most common complication due to obesity). But if technical improvements have led to a sedentary lifestyle, which is detrimental to our health, why not answer it is also using technology?
We are not talking about dependence on pharmaceuticals to maintain your health. I'm talking about the ability of the supplement industry to stimulate motivation, physical performance, recovery and regulation of calories. Take into account the scientific research on the effectiveness of the impact of diet meal replacement products and on body composition and markers of fitness levels in older men and women. While the effectiveness of the additive was insufficient for weight loss (data about the specific additive and its composition are not disclosed), it was found that the use of a meal replacement in conjunction with exercise has a positive effect on the level of physical condition and reduced adipose tissue.
For every person who, in your opinion, is an expert on food additives or practicing bodybuilder image of life there are 10 people who either do not trust sportpitu or fear him. Under pain of a sports nutrition, I do not mean the fear of such products in general, and the fact that there are many people who think that the simultaneous reception of different products will automatically lead to side effects or harm to health, some even suggest that the increase muscle exceeds the desired level.
Today it is obvious that the decision to build the own course of nutritional supplements can be independently unsuccessful, and almost always in this course include stimulants or caffeine-based products. Everyone has heard it before, or asked the question "whether the two are combined pre-workout supplements?" or "Can I take this pre-workout supplement with this fat burner?". To be clear: none of stimulant in the history of sports nutrition industry was not created in order to take it together with any other stimulating additives.
Part of this misconception is the result of advertising. Unfortunately, in order to attract the attention of potential customers using the most colorful description of how you will feel by receiving the advertised products. However, when the advertising gives a guarantee muscle set for a certain period of time or shows a product so powerful that it can cause health problems - this is too much.
For those who do not believe in the effectiveness of sports nutrition, it should be noted that the basic elements of many ingredients and amino acid analogs in concentrated amounts found in food. In addition to creatine and protein (especially branched-chain amino acids and other amino acids contained in the protein), there are very few additives, which are directly related to muscle growth.
Most of the additives is related to an increase in performance and recovery, which is a necessary part of the process of increasing muscle mass. Research of sports nutrition and steroids often lose sight of the fact that muscle growth is directly related to training. If you just sit at home, no muscle growth will not be, even if you are taking steroids.
For those who do not trust the food supplements in the United States and the United Kingdom because of the high level of education, it should be noted that much of the research to refute the effectiveness of sports nutrition, refers to popular supplements like L-arginine, which is the efficiency in terms of pumping muscle and increase performance is refuted by many who use it before your workout. However, the effectiveness of each refutation sportpita there is a study which suggests beneficial effect of ingredients such as citrulline malate and GPLC (glycine propionyl L-carnitine) in terms of muscular endurance and improve efficiency.
In addition, some studies discrediting nutritional supplements, poorly thought out. Often, such studies on the increase of lean body mass held for a short period of time (4 - 8 weeks) and include ingredients that are intended to increase endurance / or recovery efficiency. And these results are used to disprove the positive effect of the admission of sports nutrition, while the addition of creatine and amino acids, many ingredients additives contribute to the performance or recovery, that provides muscle growth, if diet and workout goals match.
A special case of this approach is the scientific study on the effectiveness of sports nutrition containing protein / carbohydrate in which researchers have attempted to find the relationship between the additive and muscle performance in spite of the fact that it is intended to accelerate the recovery of the body. However, they managed to find markers, indicating a rapid recovery due to the use of sports nutrition containing protein / carbohydrate.
Another frequently criticized aspect of the supplement industry are pre-workout sports nutrition. It is well known that caffeine reduces efficiency while taking creatine, but not enough to use pre-workout discredited based additives stimulants. The strength is mainly dependent on the central nervous system, so the caffeine's ability to reduce the pain associated with the performance of physical exercise, as well as increase the level of intensity is very real.
In addition, a study on people who lead a sedentary lifestyle (do not perform physical exercise on a regular basis), showed that low-calorie energy drinks contribute to their psychological adaptation to physical exercise. This is very important when you consider that it gives the body a chance to adapt to stress (exercise), for which he is not prepared.
Sports in the United States can be important even for beginners in the aspect of overcoming the psychological stress associated with exercise. Other studies on certain common ingredients, in particular, to accelerate restoration result receiving L-carnitine L-tartrate described sportpitu many specialists. As well as the latest information on supplements that contain glutamine and creatine.
As for concerns about too much to take nutritional supplements, too much of anything is bad (see "The most important principle of life, nutrition and exercise: moderation.") That applies to sports nutrition. The biggest concern the results of sports nutrition research is the fact that the fat-soluble vitamins (e.g., A, D, E and K) have a degree of toxicity and the reception of too many any amino acid, e.g., L-leucine, can inhibit absorption of other amino acids.
Another cause for concern by the NCAA is that excess protein supplementation leads to dehydration. At the moment the NCAA does not recommend taking protein supplements in the amount of more than 40 grams at a time. However, if the sports nutrition to take in accordance with the recommendations, there is no cause for concern. The safety and efficacy of creatine constantly finds new evidence, and gaining in popularity lately amino acids, for example, L-carnitine L-tartrate, also have been pre-tested for safety.
Expert advice on reception of sports nutrition in the USA
• During the reception of sports nutrition is necessary to train intensively, because taking it without exercising can lead to an increase in fat mass because of its high energy value. In any case, about the use of sports nutrition you must first consult with a specialist who will pick up the necessary amount and composition of additives under the training regime and the individual characteristics of your body.
• Gainer -nuzhno take, stirring it in a shaker with skim milk, water or juice as you like. Plan reception gainer is: On the morning meal - to increase caloric intake (daily meals - chief);
Before training for 1-2 hours - to create a reserve of carbohydrates and amino acids to the intensive work. Immediately after training - to provide the body with plenty of protein and carbohydrates immediately after exercise, which is one of the key factors in muscle growth (the so-called "Protein window" and "carbohydrate window"). During the day - to increase the number of meals at irregular and malnutrition, to replace harmful snacking chocolate bars and soda;
• Protein - average human protein requirement is 1.5 - 2 grams of protein per 1 kg of body weight per day, but this figure may be as high as 4 grams per 1 kg of body weight. Protein should also like to breed gainer in low-fat milk, water or juice. Protein receiving plan is as follows: In the morning - after a dream especially protein deficiency compensation is required, so the ideal option would be a whey protein with its rapid assimilation level. During the day - if you can not often eat for any reason, then a good option would be to use a mixture of whey protein and casein or a multi-component protein. Before and after training - it should be taken only whey protein isolate because of its high rate of assimilation. At night - an ideal option becomes casein, the duration of action will allow the protein throughout the night to maintain a high level of amino acids in the blood.
• Amino acids - the building blocks that make up the protein, and protein compounds consists of almost all of our body, so amino acids necessary to feed our body. amino receiving plan is as follows: In the morning - after a dream especially protein deficiency compensation is required, so you should drink the amino acids before breakfast. During the day - if you can not often eat for any reason, the amino acids are taken to reduce catabolism, so I advise you to have a couple of servings of amino acids in my bag. Before and after training - for storing and cover the energy deficit of raw materials consumed during intense exercise. Therefore, taking a sports nutrition like amino acids should be at least 20-30 minutes after your workout. Especially important is the intake of amino acids before and after exercise to reduce the catabolic effect of physical load on the muscles: the reception of amino acids before training enhances intracellular reserves of amino acids, and the reception of amino acids immediately after exercise restores supply of amino acids in the cells under a powerful recovery of muscle tissue as long as there is not "reach" food amino acids and protein supplements, eaten after exercise (digestion and absorption of food requires the original of at least 40 minutes of time.)
• Creatine - a natural substance that is present in meat and fish, but also can be produced in the liver, kidneys and glands. To receive daily 6 grams of creatine, you need to eat to 4 kg of meat a day, and it is harmful. That's why for vegetarians creatine supplementation is advisable. Approximately 98% of the total amount of creatine in the body is the muscles. The additional use of creatine leads to muscle growth by stimulating muscle protein synthesis. The muscles become more massive and strong. Do not confuse this increase in muscle mass with accumulation in the muscles (between the muscle fibers) of water due to steroids and cortisone.
Receiving a creatine plan: At the initial stage is received on 10 g creatine 2 times a day for a week, in the future - 3 g twice a day or 6.5 grams once per day (one teaspoon). The course of creatine supplementation from 4 to 6 weeks, followed by a break for 2-4 weeks. Required break due to the fact that the synthesis of creatine own when administered with food decreases, and restore its natural level occurs within about two weeks. This is the best mode of application of creatine, although there are other individual regimen (even permanent) .If creatine on an empty stomach accelerates its absorption. If you have abdominal pain or diarrhea, you can take creatine after a meal. The best creatine uptake by muscles occurs during the period of the maximum level of insulin, so the best time of creatine supplementation is: immediately after waking; after taking sugary foods (it is recommended to drink creatine sweet juice); 30-60 minutes after your workout.